How to Become an Agency Nurse or Midwife?
Are you looking for casual agency positions and the opportunity to expand your skills? If you are a nurse, midwife or assistant nurse, you have come to the right place, as we provide a broad range of work and learning opportunities.
What Nursing Jobs Are Available?
First Choice Care can provide you with opportunities across Australia with Registered nurse (RN) jobs, Enrolled nurse (EN) jobs, Assistant in Nursing (AIN) jobs, and many more. If you’re looking for midwifery jobs in Brisbane, or aged care jobs in Brisbane and beyond, we can help you with that as well.
Registered Nurse or Midwife. You will need to be an Australian citizen and have completed a Nursing or Midwifery degree at university.
Registered Nurse or Midwife (overseas). You will need a valid visa and have completed a nursing degree at an overseas university with an equivalent skill.
Enrolled nurse. You will have an 18-month or 2-year VET qualification or obtained a Diploma in Enrolled Nursing.
Assistant Nurse. You will need a qualification in health assistance. The minimum qualification level is Certificate III and will include work placement of around 120 hours.
New Graduate Nurse. You will have completed a nurse residency or new graduate program, which usually takes one year.
What Roles Do We Fill? Acute
- Critical Care (ED, ICU, CCU)
- Theatre (Peri, Post Op, Scrub/Scout)
- Aged Care
- Community Care
- Mental Health
- And more
What Are The Requirements?
We would love to see that you are passionate about helping people and are patient-focused, having a ‘can-do’ attitude. Besides this, you will need the following:
- Current unrestricted APHRA certification
- Current and clear Australian National Police Check Certificate
- A minimum of 1,000 hours of paid Australian experience within the last 12 months in relevant clinical environment
- Complete vaccination records
- An ability to work both autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team
- Capability to adapt to new environments
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
Positions with additional requirements:
- Enrolled nurse (EN) – must have 12 months or 1,000 paid hours experience in hospitals or aged care
- Assistant in nursing (AIN) (Cert III) – must have six months paid experience for aged care or 1000 hours paid experience for hospitals
- Nursing Student (AIN)– a minimum of three clinical placements with at least one in aged care.
How Do You Get Started?
First Choice Care is well known as one of Brisbane’s most reliable and trusted companies nursing agencies, and we are the preferred supplier to leading healthcare facilities. We invite you to reach out to us if you want to become an agency nurse or midwife.